Forecast flooding increased from Moderate to Major severity…
The Flood Warning continues for the Wolf River Above Gulfport.
* until Thursday afternoon.
* At 6:45 AM Monday the stage was 11.4 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and Major flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 8.0 feet.
* Forecast…The river will continue rising to near 15.5 feet byTuesday afternoon May 14 before falling. The river is forecast to fall below flood stage Thursday May 16.
* Impact…At 12.0 feet…Water will be in several homes along the river near the Bells Ferry Road bridge. Bells Ferry Road will be closed within a mile of the bridge as the road will be covered by swift moving river current.
* Impact…At 10.0 feet…Bells Ferry Road will be closed within a mile of the bridge as the road will be covered by swift moving river current.
* Impact…At 9.0 feet…Bells Ferry Road will be impassable with deep water on the east bridge approach.
* Impact…At 8.0 feet…Bells Ferry Road will begin to flood. There will be water over the access road just upstream of the bridge and the road will become impassable very quickly.