– The highest risk for severe storms will be more in the early/mid Thursday morning time frame rather than Wednesday evening.
– Slight Risk now covers all of our CWA.
– The Enhanced Risk touches Amite Co, West Feliciana Parish and Pointe Coupee Parish.
– Now have a Slight Risk for excessive rainfall
WHAT: ENHANCED RISK of Severe Weather north and west of a Baton Rouge to McComb line
SLIGHT RISK of Severe Weather across most the rest of the forecast area
SLIGHT RISK of Excessive Rainfall across much of the forecast area
WHEN: Wednesday after midnight through Thursday morning
WHERE: See the map below.
CONFIDENCE: HIGH confidence that thunderstorms will develop along the cold front. NORMAL confidence on location and timing of severe weather.
NORMAL confidence on excessive rainfall threat.
The main threats associated with any severe storms will be:
· Wind gusts 60 mph or greater which could down trees and power lines and/or cause structural damage
· Large hail
· Isolated tornadoes
· 2-4″ of rainfall (possible flash flooding)